Our farm share program offers members easy access to produce fresh from the farm, with maximum flexibility and minimal commitment. Order what you want, when you want it; whether you are interested in large quantities for juicing or company or just a few items for that special recipe.
How it works:
Sign up for an account and pre-pay your chosen amount. Prior to each pickup day throughout the year (twice a week during the growing season; less often during the off-season), we will send you an email newsletter with attached order form. To place an order, fill out and submit the order form ($10 minimum order). You will receive an order confirmation by email. We then harvest, wash, pack, and deliver your order to the pickup site. Each order will be debited from the funds in your account: your bag will contain a receipt with your remaining balance. Pickup your produce during the designated time and enjoy! You may also use your account balance to select items from our tables at the Forest Farmers’ Market.
Benefits of membership:
- Year-round access to seasonal produce grown without synthetic sprays, fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides.
- Get to know your farmer and buy your food direct from the source for superior freshness.
- Only order what you want when it is convenient for you.
- No weekly commitment: great if you go out of town frequently or have your own summer garden.
- Use your account at our market tables: leave your cash at home.
- Have your order ready and waiting: no need to arrive early to market.
- First choice of 200+ varieties of 60+ different vegetables; some of which are only available to our members through the farm share program or sell out before we get to market.
- 5% bonus for adding amounts of $400 or greater to your farm share account (in one payment).
- No added membership fees or delivery charges.
How to join:
Fill out the sign up form to join our email list. Mail a check payable to ‘Sandyfoot Farm’ to 288 Mountain View Rd, Pamplin, VA 23958. $200 minimum starts your account. Payments in increments of $400 or more will receive an additional 5% bonus. Add more to your account at any time; use up your balance at any time.
Pick-up Locations in Lynchburg and Forest:
Wednesdays 2:30-8pm: Lynchburg Real Foods room at Mind Body Studio on Rivermont: deliveries weekly April through December, bi-weekly January through March
Wednesdays 3:30 – 8pm: Health Nut Nutrition in Wyndhurst: deliveries weekly April through December, bi-weekly January through March
Saturdays 8 am – 12 noon: Forest Farmers Market in Forest, weekly May through October, once a month November through April
Farm Share Account Terms of Membership:
- Account balance and payments: Members agree to keep an adequate balance in their account to cover orders, or to pay promptly if their balance becomes negative. We accept checks by mail, payable to ‘Sandyfoot Farm,’ sent to 288 Mountain View Rd, Pamplin, VA 23958, or cash or check at the Forest Farmers’ Market. Every time you add money to your account we will send you an email receipt of this transaction. Please do not leave payments at our pickup locations. We do not accept credit cards. Your account balance will be noted on all order receipts; if you have a question about your balance email us. Unused account balances roll over to 2018.
- Orders: $10 minimum order. Orders must be submitted through the online order form before the order deadline; we cannot fill late orders. The order form is programmed to become unavailable at the order deadline. Orders will be filled in the order they are received: we do run out of items, so order promptly to ensure the best selection.
- Order deadlines: For Wednesday delivery, the deadline to order is Tuesday by noon: the email is sent out Sunday evening. For Saturday delivery, the deadline to order is Friday by 7 am: the email is sent out Wednesday evening.
- Crop availability: We do our best to plan for and predict the harvest, but sometimes we run short of an item, depending on order volume or other limiting factors (weather, pests, or the natural ebb and flow of each crop’s maturity). There is no guarantee you will receive everything you order in the quantities that you desire.
- Missed pickups: Orders that are not picked up during the designated period will not be refunded. Orders may be cancelled up to 24 hours before delivery. For emergencies that happen after the 24 hour cancellation period we will hold your order until the next delivery date; but you must call us at 540-570-0201 before we have delivered your order to the pickup location.
- Packaging: We are happy to reuse the brown paper grocery bags that we pack your order in; just bring them back to us at the market and we’ll reuse them for your next order. Or, bring us your own reuseable bags: these should be equivalent in size to a paper grocery bag and be labeled with your first and last name. We cannot reuse the plastic bags that have been in direct contact with food.
- Pickup locations: Please be respectful of the businesses who have generously offered up their spaces to be our mid-week pickup sites. Only take bags that are labeled with your name: do not take items out of or look through other bags. If you miss your pickup, our site hosts are not obligated to hold orders beyond the designated hours of the pickup. Hosts may distribute missed pickup orders as they see fit. Do not leave packaging, trash, payments, or other items at the pickup locations.
- Communications: Members agree to open and read emails from the farm as this is our means of communicating with you important information about your account status and orders.
- Cancellations: You may cancel your farm share account at any time by notifying us in writing. We will promptly refund any remaining account balance, minus any bonus funds you may have received. We reserve the right to close your account and refund your balance for any reason (such as inactivity or non-payment).