Save time by having your order ready for pick up at market.
How it works:
Sign up for the farm newsletter. Prior to each market throughout the year (once per week), you will receive an email newsletter with attached order form. To place an order, fill out and submit the order form online. There is a fee of $0.50 per order. You will receive an order confirmation by email. We then harvest, wash, pack, and have your order ready to pick up at the Forest Farmers’ Market. Pay by cash or check at pickup, or prepay into your farm share account and your orders will be debited from the funds in your account. Pickup your produce during the designated time and enjoy!
Saturdays 8 am – 12 noon: Forest Farmers Market in Forest, weekly May through October, once a month November through April. We may have additional weekly or biweekly Saturday pickups in the library parking lot as produce is available through the winter months.
On farm pickup available by appointment.
Payment and Terms of Ordering:
- Pay at pickup: we accept cash or check. We do not accept credit cards.
- Account balance and payments: Some members may chose to prepay into an account (“farm share account”) for convenience, although this is not required. If you prepay, we will deduct any orders and additional market purchases from your account balance. We accept checks by mail, payable to ‘Sandyfoot Farm,’ sent to 288 Mountain View Rd, Pamplin, VA 23958, or cash or check at the Forest Farmers’ Market. Every time you add money to your account we will send you an email receipt of this transaction. Your account balance will be noted on all order receipts; if you have a question about your balance email us. You may cancel your account at any time by notifying us by email and we will refund any remaining balance. Unused account balances roll over to the following year if you sign up for the newsletter by February 15. If you do not sign up by February 15, and you do not request a refund by February 15, your account and any remaining funds from the previous year will be no longer be available.
- Preorder fee: There is a fee of $0.50 per order. This goes toward the additional costs of the ordering software and extra packaging associated with preorders.
- Order deadline: The email newsletter is sent out Wednesday evening, and the deadline to order is Friday by 7 am. Orders must be submitted through the online order form before the order deadline; we cannot accept orders after the deadline has passed. The order form is programmed to become unavailable at the order deadline. Orders will be filled in the order they are received: we do run out of items, so order promptly to ensure the best selection.
- Crop availability: We do our best to plan for and predict the harvest, but sometimes we run short of an item, depending on order volume or other limiting factors (weather, pests, or the natural ebb and flow of each crop’s maturity). There is no guarantee you will receive everything you order in the quantities that you desire.
- Missed pickups: Produce is perishable, and if you do not pick up your order we have lost not only the cost of the produce but also the time it took to process, pack, and transport your order. Consequently, orders that are not picked up during the market hours will not be refunded if you have prepaid by account. If you are paying at pickup and do not pick up your order, you will still be responsible for paying for your order. We will attempt to contact you at the end of the market before we leave town. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the email list for not picking up an order or non-payment. Orders may be cancelled up until Friday at 3pm by contacting us by phone or email.
- Packaging: We are happy to reuse the brown paper grocery bags that we pack your order in; just bring them back to us at the market and we’ll reuse them for your next order. Or, bring us your own reuseable bags: these should be equivalent in size to a paper grocery bag and be labeled with your first and last name. We cannot reuse the plastic bags that have been in direct contact with food. You may also chose to have your order packed in a reusable bin to minimize packaging (there are certain items that will be bagged, like salad mix): at market you will need to transfer your order into your own bags.