Save time by having your order ready for pick up at the Forest Farmers’ Market.
How it works:
Sign up for the farm newsletter. Prior to each delivery throughout the year (once per week, once every two weeks in winter), you will receive an email newsletter with attached order form. To place an order, fill out and submit the order form online. You will receive an order confirmation by email. We then harvest, wash, pack, and have your order ready to pick up at your chosen pickup location. We accept payment of credit card online or in person at pickup, as well as cash or check. Pick up your produce during the designated time and enjoy!
Saturdays 8 am – 12 noon: Forest Farmers Market in Forest, weekly May through October, once a month November through April. We may have additional weekly or biweekly Saturday pickups from 9 am – 11 am in the library parking lot as produce is available through the winter months.
On farm order pickup Fridays 4-7 pm.
Payment and Terms of Ordering:
- Pay through the order form with credit card, or pay by cash, check, or credit card at pickup. SNAP tokens accepted on market days.
- Account balance and payments: Some members may chose to prepay into an account (“farm share account”) for convenience, although this is not required. If you prepay, we will deduct any orders and additional market purchases from your account balance. We accept checks by mail, payable to ‘Sandyfoot Farm,’ sent to 288 Mountain View Rd, Pamplin, VA 23958. Every time you add money to your account we will send you an email receipt of this transaction (please allow several business days). Your account balance will be noted on all order receipts; if you have a question about your balance email us. You may cancel your account at any time by notifying us by email and we will refund any remaining balance. Unused account balances roll over to the following year if you have used your balance in the past six months. If you have not used your account in the past six months, your account and any remaining funds from the previous year will be no longer be available. PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW FARM SHARE ACCOUNTS.
- A fee of $25 applies for returned checks.
- Order deadline: The email newsletter is sent out Wednesdays at 4 pm, and the deadline to order is Friday by 7 am. Orders must be submitted through the online order form before the order deadline; we cannot accept orders after the deadline has passed. The order form is programmed to become unavailable at the order deadline. Orders will be filled in the order they are received: we do run out of items, so order promptly to ensure the best selection.
- Crop availability: We do our best to plan for and predict the harvest, but sometimes we run short of an item, depending on order volume or other limiting factors (weather, pests, or the natural ebb and flow of each crop’s maturity). There is no guarantee you will receive everything you order in the quantities that you desire. Orders that have been paid via credit card will receive a refund for anything that cannot be fulfilled.
- Missed pickups: Produce is perishable, and if you do not pick up your order we have lost not only the cost of the produce but also the time it took to process, pack, and transport your order. Consequently, orders that are not picked up during the market hours will not be refunded if you have prepaid by account. If you are paying at pickup and do not pick up your order, you will still be responsible for paying for your order. We will attempt to contact you at the end of the market before we leave town. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the email list for not picking up an order or non-payment. Orders may be cancelled up until Friday at 3pm by contacting us by phone or email.